Cambridge Petty Sessions 1917-1931
Petty Sessions, were courts of summary jurisdiction at which two or more local Justices would meet to deal with the more minor criminal cases and routine business, such as disputes over adoption and maintenance, that threatened to overwhelm Quarter Sessions.
Formal records of their proceedings often survive from no earlier then the mid - late 19th century. The main records are the registers of the court which provide a summary account of proceedings. In 1974, the Petty Sessions courts were replaced by today’s Magistrates Courts.
For sample content, Click Here